In this issue of reVISION’s Renovation Newsletter:
- Add Style to Your Bathroom
- Save Energy & Money with these Special Offers
- Featured Project
- reVISION reCOMMENDS…
Add Style to Your Bathroom
An effective bathroom design should address all your needs. Below are 4 important tips to consider when planning your bathroom renovation.
- Select Durable Flooring – Ceramic, marble and stone tiles are all excellent durable and water-resistant choices for a bathroom. Subfloor heating coils will make these hard surfaces warm.
- Sit In the Bathtub Before Purchasing It – Bigger isn’t always better.
- Create Extra Space – A tall, in-wall cabinet in between wall studs can maximize storage without minimizing floor space.
- Design Lighting that Will Make You Look Your Best Self – Quality lighting is essential. Create a shadow free lighting design with halogen pot lights or in wall scones around your mirror. Installing a dimmer switch is great for modifying your light to suit your mood!
Save Energy & Money with these Special Offers
If you’re making home improvements or simply shopping for new appliances, you know that energy-efficient products can help lower your energy costs. Here are some current rebates offered with FortisBC.
- Free home energy evaluation – The Energy Conservation Assistance Program for qualified low-income FortisBC and BC Hydro customers
- Up to $7,000 in rebates for home efficiency – LiveSmart BC: make your home energy efficient by March 31, 2013.
- $1,000 rebate for switching to natural gas – Switch ‘n’ Shrink: switch to natural gas & install an ENERGY STAR® heating system by February 28, 2013.
- Up to 50% off a storage tank water heater – ENERGY STAR® 0.67 EF Storage Tank Water Heater Pilot: apply before August 30, 2012.
For more information on these rebates visit www.fortisbc.com/.
Ritz it up on Richards – Bathroom Renovation
2011 Georgie Award Finalist – “Best Renovation – Any Room“
Join us on Facebook for more pictures of this project and many others!
Green Matters Polaris 2-Light Brushed Nickel Wall Vanity Light
- Energy Star vanity fixture
- Brushed nickel finish
- White, opal glass shades
- Uses two 13-watt CFL bulbs (included)
- UL listed
This Green Matters Polaris 2-Light Brushed Nickel Wall Vanity Light is an energy efficient vanity fixture with a classic geometric design. The white, opal glass shades evenly distribute light. The brushed nickel finish makes it easy to coordinate with modern bathroom fixtures.
E-mail us at [email protected] for any future requests on trends you would like us to talk about in our upcoming newsletters.