November 2011 Bathroom Renovation Newsletter
In this issue of reVISION’s Renovation Newsletter:
- Congratulations to our Grey Cup Winners!
- Georgie Finalist
- Rooftopper of the Year Award
- Coats for Kids
- reVISION Recommends
- reVISION’S Projects in Progress
- Bathroom Renovation Tips
Congratulations to our Grey Cup Winners!
Thank you to all those who participated within our contest, though it was a tough decision we found our winners! Congratulations to Dave and Cheryl. We were delighted to give them 2 tickets to the Grey Cup for November 27th, 2011 game with additional access to the Lion’s Den Entertainment after the game.
Dave and Cheryl’s Dysfunctional Kitchen:
Rooftopper of the Year Award
The Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association presented the “ROOFTOPPER OF THE YEAR AWARD” to Todd Senft, President of reVISION Custom Home Renovations for the second consecutive year! The award is given to an association member who brings the most new members to the association.
Coats for Kids
GVHBA launched its 16th annual Coats for Kids campaign on Monday, November 21, 2011. The public is invited to drop off apparel at participating members’ offices or sales centres from November 21 to December 9, 2011.
The public response last year was heartwarming, with more than 3,000 coats, scarves, gloves, mittens, blankets, toques and toys donated for distribution to families in need throughout the Greater Vancouver area by the Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau and other agencies.
For more information on the campaign and to view participating members please visit http://www.gvhba.org/.
reVISION recommends Schluter- Kerdi – Boards. Whether you work with mosaics or large format tiles, a flat, level, plumb, square substrate is essential for creating a perfect tile covering.
- Build a tile-ready surface without wood or cement board
- No additional surface preparation required
Ideal for wet areas
- Schluter- Kerdi – Boards are waterproof, vapor retardant and dimensionally stable
Easy to transport and work with
- Suitable for use on any kind of structure
- 7 thicknesses available
reVISION’S Projects in Progress
Lucky 13 Part Two is almost complete! reVISION has taken this olden day design and updated it to the 21st century. Here are a few updated pictures, keep up with us on Facebook to see what finishing touches go into this west-side condo!
After: An updated kitchen with pure white cabinetry and modern day appliances, including a customized refrigerator drawer underneath the island!
Visit us on Facebook to see progress pictures of this project and many others!
Bathroom Renovation Tips
- Design lighting that will make you look your best self. Quality lighting is essential. Create a shadow free lighting design with halogen pot lights enclosed in wall sconces around your mirror. Installing a dimmer is great for modifying your lighting to fit your mood!
- Create extra space. A tall, in-wall cabinet in between wall studs can maximize storage without minimizing floor space. The cabinet should be at least 3 inches in depth.
- Create your own showering area. An open concept shower area, that has no need for curtains or doors, will provide a less confining space than a regular shower stall. Combine that with a ceiling mounted rain shower head and you will keep a drier outside area and create a more unique showering experience.