May 2011 Renovation Newsletter
In this issue of reVISION’s Renovation Newsletter:
- New reVISION Website
- New West Gypsum Recycling
- Market Insights
- reVISION’S Project in Progress
- Tips and Tricks for your Outdoor Space
New reVISION Website
reVISION is excited to announce the launch of our new website! The revamped site consists of all new features including our latest finished projects and new tips on successful renovations. It also provides detailed information for all the services we offer along with benefits to renovating your space. Click the following link to get direct access to reVISION’s new home!
New West Gypsum Recycling
New West Gypsum Recycling is developing and implanting an Asbestos Control Plan (ECP). This plan specifically targets the joint compound used in the drywall for pre-1980’s buildings. As the program develops New West Gypsum Recycling will require proper documentation before any renovation and demolition loads are dumped. The documentation will illustrate when the structure of the material was built. If the structure was built before 1980 a lab analysis will need to prove the material is Asbestos Free, if the structure is built after 1980 documentation is required to show the date of construction and that the material is Asbestos Free.
This policy is not yet enforced to the fullest; reVISION will be attending meetings about the ECP Plan and will be sure to update you with more information on our next newsletter.
Market Insights will be hosting an event on May 25th at UBC Robson Square theatre (800 Robson Street, Vancouver BC) from 8:00-10:00 am. They will be providing information about up-to-minute reports and analysis on statistics and trends in Canada’s green building industry. They will also include information about the national scoping study conducted by Light house and Ipsos Reid for Eco Canada.
Registration and Continental Breakfast begins at 7:30am, for more information log on to www.marketinsights.eventbrite.com
reVISION’S Project in Progress
More Room Please
reVISION’s full interior renovation and rear addition project is coming to an end! With the insulation and drywall all finished you can see the dramatic changes this home has under taken! Already looking more gorgeous than ever, here is a slight glimpse of how the project is coming along! Make sure you keep up with us on Facebook to see the finishing touches!
During: Master Bedroom renovated from top to bottom! It includes new additions such as a balcony with a view of the outdoors and an ensuite bathroom customized to the home owners specific needs.
Visit us on Facebook to see more progress pictures on this project and many others!
Tips and Tricks for your Outdoor Space
Outdoor living is today’s newest lifestyle. Many home owners are turning their back yard space to a more attractive, entertaining, relaxing area. Depending on the size of your place you can create a full outdoor kitchen or simply a beautiful modernized patio or deck. When planning make sure you consult a professional renovator/ contractor as they can offer you advice to make sure you get the most out of your money!
Here are a couple of tips when planning to add an outdoor living space:
- Add Light: When planning, make sure you add outdoor lighting fixtures for those relaxing evenings spent outside.
- Plan according to size: Make sure you stake out everything you need in the beginning and according to the size of your backyard. Adding extra feet is more expensive near the end rather than at planning stage! Make sure all your decisions for the unique things you need are planned for in the beginning.
- Be creative: Nothing is impossible! Take the vision you have and explore deeper! Speak to a professional, bring your ideas and take in there’s to make sure you have the best outdoor living space possible!
- Don’t forget weather conditions: Add lattice walls, awnings or roof structures to make sure you are ready for every weather condition. Living in BC you never know how the weather will play out so might as well make sure you can enjoy your living space all year round!