July 2012 Home Renovation Newsletter
In this issue of reVISION’s Renovation Newsletter:
3 Easy and Green Summer Renovations
Summer is a great time to focus on home improvements. Here are 3 tips to improve your home!
- Refresh the floors – Skip vinyl flooring, which can emit toxic chemicals into your home and isn’t suitable for recycling. Instead do some investigating and see if the original wood might be suitable for refinishing with an eco approved stain and finish. If not, opt for flooring made out of materials such as bamboo or cork, which are sustainable, and non-toxic.
- Go tank-free – One of the latest and greatest ways to reduce your energy consumption is to install a tankless water heating system in your home. Instead of heating water 24 hours a day, these heaters only heat the water you use.
- Choose eco-friendly paints – When your walls need a fresh start, opt for no-VOC (volatile organic compound) paints, to cut down on indoor chemicals and toxic leftovers.
3 Kitchen Renovation Tips
Renovating your kitchen will add ease to your lifestyle and value to your home. Here are 3 things to consider when renovating your kitchen.
- Determine cabinet heights – If you have high ceilings choose cabinets that reach the ceiling. High ceiling cabinets offer more storage.
- Select an elegant countertop – Quartz countertops add elegance and warmth to your kitchen.
- Add preparation space – Incorporate more than one work center so that more than one person can work efficiently in the kitchen at one time. A self-standing chopping block, service island, or other similar kitchen feature will increase convenience in your work space.
Sizzlin’ Skyline – Kitchen Renovation
[image_frame style=”framed” align=”center” alt=”reVISION Custom Home Renovations kitchen renovation project photo” title=”reVISION Custom Home Renovations Georgie Award-winning kitchen renovation project” height=”381″ width=”614″]https://www.revisionrenovations.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/photo-201207-01.jpg[/image_frame]
Georgie Award Winner – “Best Kitchen Renovation (under $100,000.00)”
Join us on Facebook or our website for more pictures of this project and many others!
Kitchen Designer Tip
Use contrast to brighten your kitchen. Lighter toned Quartz countertops look great with dark coloured cabinets, adding appeal, warmth and brightness to your kitchen.
Quartz Countertops – the Ultimate in Easy Care
One of the hardest substances on earth, quartz makes an ideal material for kitchen countertops. Its non-porous surface and unique blend of beauty and easy care makes quartz an exceptional match for any lifestyle.
- Quartz is naturally non-porous and scratch resistant.
- Built-in anti-microbial protection inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew.
- The natural beauty of quartz is derived from its multi-dimensional, gem-like color.
- Maintenance-free-needs no sealing or polishing.
- 15-year limited manufacturer warranty.
[image_frame style=”framed” align=”center” alt=”Quartz Countertop” title=”reVISION Custom Home Renovations recommends quartz countertops” height=”135″ width=”352″]https://www.revisionrenovations.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/photo-201207-02.jpg[/image_frame]
E-mail us at email@example.com for any future requests on trends you would like us to talk about in our upcoming newsletters.
Back to the Blog