January 2013 Renovation Newsletter
In this issue of reVISION’s Renovation Newsletter:
- Successful Home Renovation Steps
- Asbestos and Your Renovation
- GVHBA Ask a Pro Renovation + Design Centre at the BC Home and Garden Show
- reVISION’s Featured Project
- reVISION’s Quick Tip
- reVISION reCOMMENDS…
Successful Home Renovation Steps
A smooth and pleasant road through the transformation is possible and can be extremely exciting and rewarding….if you plan right.
- Do your homework – Have a clear vision that will consider your lifestyle needs is imperative to your renovation.
- Know how much you can afford – There are many financing possibilities through personal loans, lines of credit, home equity loans and even grants.
- Look for a professional renovator – For high quality results and services that will ease the process, you need to go with a professional. There are many resources, including, the GVHBA website that will give you recommendations.
- Establish a good working relationship with your renovator – Trust is essential. Communication lines should be open at all times for progress reports and decisions you may have to make on short notice.
- Stick to the original plans – In order to stay close to the original price and schedule, changes should be kept to a minimum.
Asbestos and Your Renovation
Asbestos is a strong fire-resistant mineral fibre that can cause very serious illnesses. If your house was built during or before the late 1980’s, you may want to consider renovating. Your renovator will have a qualified person come inspect and safely remove Asbestos from your home. Some potential sources of Asbestos include but are not limited to the following:
- Duct insulation and tape
- Textured or stipple-coated walls and ceilings
- Acoustical tiles and stipple or popcorn ceiling
- Gypsum board filling compound and patching and joint compound for walls and ceilings
- Soundproofing or decorative material sprayed on walls and ceilings
- Batt insulation
- Loose blown-in insulation such as vermiculite
GVHBA Ask a Pro Renovation + Design Centre at the BC Home and Garden Show
Need inspiration for your home renovation? Visit the GVHBA Ask a Pro Renovation + Design Centre at the BC Place Stadium on Wednesday February 20th to Sunday February 24th.
For more information log on to http://www.gvhba.org/
reVISION’s Featured Project
Lucky 13th Ave. – Full Condo Renovation
13 is not an unlucky number for this full condo renovation. The open concept of the dining room, living room and kitchen make for a perfect place to wine, dine and relax.
Quick Tip: Explore Edges and Colors
Complete your silestone quartz countertop with elegant, finished looks. Choose from cutting edge designs – a nature’s widest palette of colors, veins and patterns.
Silestone Quartz Countertops – Natural Beauty & Durability
[image_frame style=”framed” align=”right” alt=”Silestone Quartz Countertops” title=”Silestone Quartz Countertops” height=”200″ width=”300″]http://www.revisionrenovations.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/revision-recommends-201301-silestone-quartz.jpg[/image_frame]
Silestone offers a sophisticated elegance and timeless beauty. The natural quartz in Silestone delivers distinctive depth, brilliant clarity, glimmering radiance and a cool, solid feel unique to natural stone.
- Quartz is naturally non-porous and scratch resistant.
- Built-in anti-microbial protection inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew.
- The natural beauty of quartz is derived from its multi-dimensional, gem-like color.
- Maintenance-free – needs no sealing or polishing.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any future requests on trends you would like us to talk about in our upcoming newsletters.Back to the Blog