December 2010 Renovation Newsletter
In this issue of reVISION’s Renovation Newsletter:
- Business in Vancouver’s 40 under 40
- 2010 SAM Awards Finalist Home Renovation Steps
- Getting Started on your Renovation
Business in Vancouver’s 40 under 40
We are proud to announce that reVISION’s president, Todd Senft, has been chosen as one of Business in Vancouver’s 40 under 40. Be sure to pick up a copy of Business in Vancouver to read the full article. Newsstand locations can be found by clicking on the link provided: http://www.biv.com/newsstands.asp
2010 SAM Awards Finalist
It has recently been announced that reVISION’s West Side Wide Open project was selected as a National Sam Awards Finalist (top 5 in Canada) in Home Renovation. Find more information and pictures in the reVISION’s gallery.
Getting Started on your Renovation
Give yourself enough time to plan properly. Follow our newsletter over the next couple months for tips on planning and executing your renovation.
Check out November’s newsletter for the first step!
Step 2: Look into getting the biggest bang from your buck
- A Real Estate Appraiser will be able to determine how to get the biggest payback on your investment by establishing the current value of your home and of comparable homes in your area. Having a professional appraiser will help you decide on the types of renovations that will give you the greatest return.
- Consider a pre-renovation home inspection to evaluate the overall condition of your home and to set priorities for current and future renovations. An independent home inspector can help identify repair work and equipment replacement that may be needed.
- Return on Investment- It’s important to not eliminate options for potential future buyers. Plan your project carefully to ensure you are making a wise financial decision. Below are some renovations that will give you the most bang for your buck:
- An outdoor kitchen addition, if you do it right, is between 150-200%
- A kitchen renovation – 72%
- Bathroom renovation – 68%
- Basement renovation – 49%
- Construct a garage – 70%
We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas holiday and a very Happy New Year!
Back to the Blog