Special rebates until 2021 – New Homes
Until December 31, 2020, FortisBC is offering bigger rebates to help builders and homeowners during this difficult time. Furthermore, FortisBC hopes, the decision “enables energy efficiency to remain top of mind and ensures that homes can continue to be built with resiliency from day one.”
FortisBC listed the below changes to their rebate programe;
- Increasing each level of home performance rebate by $2,000
- Increasing EnerChoice® natural gas fireplace rebates from $300 to $500
- Grown ENERGY STAR® 0.67 EF storage tank rebates from $200 to $500
- Adding a new Design Offer to reimburse the cost of engaging a mechanical designer, building envelope consultant and/or integrated design process by up to $7,000 for individual homes and up to $50,000 on multi-family projects
How do I qualify for rebates?
To be eligible to apply for the rebates you need to be a new construction, on a permanent foundation, built within FortisBC’s natural gas or electricity service areas, a maximum of three storeys high and one of the following:
- Detached house (may include a secondary suite)
- Attached house (e.g. semi-detached, townhouses, duplexes, triplexes, row house or attached house with or without a secondary suite)
- Laneway home
You can review all of the terms and conditions for this here.
Changes within our industry due to Covid-19 are happening quickly and erratically. We understand this is a daunting time for many and information overload can be stressful. If you have any questions regarding renovations, new builds or anything industry related, please feel free to reach out to our team.Back to the Blog