Design Build Trends for 2014
Change your décor whenever the mood strikes. This year’s design trends are all about creating dramatic impact from simplicity, because the looks are simultaneously more bold and more accessible than ever before. All it takes are a few simple changes to breathe life into familiar spaces. With the help of Carla Schwartz designer taste here are 5 design trends for 2014.
1. Simple Interiors with Rich Fabrics – Leave behind simple cottons and linens and embrace the luxurious velvet, earthy suede and even textured corduroy. These fabrics are sophisticated yet durable, and can hold up to the darker color schemes popular for 2014.
2. Well – Designed Furnishings – Look for high style with low prices. Haute design trends have never been more affordable, thanks to stores like Home Sense. Retailers have collaborated with famous designers to provide designer products at affordable prices.
3. Add some Colour – Add an exotic colour to your home which will brighten up your space and boost your energy! The confidence to try bold trends and mix finishes means a broader interpretation of design styles. Think outside the style box and go with a daring colour to show off your personality. Check out our colour blog for more information.
4. Spa-Like Bathrooms – With steam showers, heated floors and walk- in showers.
5. Functional Kitchens – Featuring easy-clean surfaces, and top-of-the-line appliances including steam ovens, built in coffee machines and warming drawers.
Have design questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to the Blog