February 2011 Renovation Newsletter
In this issue of reVISION’s Renovation Newsletter:
- Light House Sustainable Building Centre
- Successful Home Renovation Steps
- More Room Please
- Fantastic False Creek
Light House Sustainable Building Centre
Statistics from Light House Sustainability show that reVISION has an 88% Recycle Reuse Rate! Follow our full on recycling pilot project “CREATE NO WASTE” on Facebook.
Light House is launching the 2011 Market Insights series at 8am on Tuesday March 8th at UBC Robson Square Main Theatre. “Contracting to Build Green – What You Need to Know to Manage Risk”.
To register and purchase tickets log on to http://marketinsights.eventbrite.com/
Successful Home Renovation Steps
A smooth and pleasant road through the transformation is possible and can be extremely exciting and rewarding….if you plan right.
- Do your homework – Have a clear vision that will consider your lifestyle needs is imperative to your renovation.
- Know how much you can afford – There are many financing possibilities through personal loans, lines of credit, home equity loans and even grants.
- Look for a professional renovator – For high quality results and services that will ease the process, you need to go with a professional. There are many resources, including, the Greater Vancouver Home Builder’s Association (GVHBA) website that will give you recommendations.
- Choose your contractor and check references – Narrow down the renovators you feel most comfortable with and interview them. Check in with GVHBA and previous clients.
- Work out a contract – Don’t just go with the lowest bid. Make sure everything is in writing, from work to be done to the payment schedule.
- Plan how you will live during the renovation – This can be the most stressful part so take everything into consideration.
- Establish a good working relationship with your renovator – Trust is essential. Communication lines should be open at all times for progress reports and decisions you may have to make on short notice.
- Stick to the original plans – In order to stay close to the original price and schedule, changes should be kept to a minimum.
More Room Please
reVISION’s newest project is a full interior renovation and rear addition. Our plan is to add space to this 3 bedroom, fully packed home. Here is just a slight taste of the project. Join us on Facebook to follow the progress on this project and many others.
Before: A small 90’s kitchen screaming to be given a fresh modern look
During: And the renovation starts…..
Fantastic False Creek
“Fantastic False Creek” is a freshly finished, full interior condo renovation. reVISION made this home a bright, welcoming place to dine, talk and enjoy the panoramic views.
Before: Dated kitchen which needed a fresh update
After: An updated kitchen with pure white cabinetry to complement the stunning back splash.
Visit us on Facebook to see the entire project from start to end and stay tuned to see the finishing pictures on our next newsletter!Back to the Blog