- Request an EstimateThinking About Renovating? Just thinking about starting a renovation can be overwhelming and stressful. There is so much to consider. With renovation and home improvement programs flooding your television, confusion can rein supreme. We can help. We can sand down the bumps and even out the rough edges. We are happy to share our expertise and knowledge with you. Just fill out this no obligation form and we will respond, in person, within 2 business days, with ideas and suggestions. If you want to take it the next step, we will make an appointment to sit down with you and look at the big picture. We do not use your information for solicitation, nor do we share this information with third parties.
- Gallery[portfolio cat=3 style=gallery max=9]
- reVISION’s Blog
- AboutAbout reVISION Custom Home Renovations The building of quality renovations is in our blood. Today, the principal owner of the company, Todd Senft, and his team of dedicated professionals, brings the tenets of ethics, creativity and passion for excellence to each and every project. We actively participate in our industry driving for improved standards, accountability and “best practice” guidelines. reVISION Custom Home Renovations sat on the 2005/06 steering committee promoting the “One Tonne Challenge” which urges us to take action on climate change by reducing emissions. We are past members of the Board of Directors for the Fraser Valley Home Builders Association (1999 – 2003) and are current members of the Greater Vancouver Home Builders Association (GVHBA) and the Renovation Council. We actively participate in our industry driving for improved standards, accountability and “best practice” guidelines. We are an environmentally responsible company. The “next generation” is top of mind in all our business undertakings. As such, we evaluate every project to ensure all recyclable materials such as drywall, wood, metal, cabinets and concrete are dealt with in a conscientious and authorized manner.
- ServicesServices page text…
- Sub-Trade ApplicationInterested in working with reVISION Custom Home Renovations as a sub-trade? Fill out the form below (or download sub-trade application form, fill out and fax it to us) and we’ll contact you. Fields marked with * are required.
You’ve decided to install new flooring in your condominium, or update the flooring before you move in. But what to buy? With condos you have to take a lot more into consideration than simply how the floor will look. First and foremost, there are the neighbours, and it’s not just how much they might hear you, but how much you …
With so many different renovation companies and Design Builders out there its hard to compare one to the next. Below are a set of questions to ask yourself and then to ask the firm you thinking about hiring. To make it easy, we’ve put down our answers for you.
1. Is it important to you that your contractor is truthful and transparent with construction costs?
I’ve written about typical things people miss in their renovation construction budget. There are also costs which we call unknowns. Unknowns are costs that we renovation contractors can sometimes predict but can only confirm by taking your home down to the studs and checking with local building bylaws. When going into a renovation, consider a contingency for unknowns. Value your contingency at approx 20% (above your renovation budget) for single family and 10% for condominiums. The older the building, the higher the percentage.
Talking about renovation budgets (or even thinking about them) can be very painful to most of us. However they become even more painful when your home renovation is complete and you’ve gone 50% over the original estimate. You started with the best intentions but the construction bills are coming in and now you may have to eat mac and cheese for the unforeseeable future. So what can you do? Well lets start from the beginning before the renovation even starts.
Three things are certain, death, taxes and a renovation freak out.
You consider yourself as being a pretty level, reasonable and normal person. So let me give you a scenario: Your living in what used to be your house, its been messy for two months, things dangling from the ceiling, different people going in and out, a bar fridge and microwave have been your kitchen, no matter how much you clean there is always dust, your contractor says its going to take longer then expected, you’ve spent more money then you expected, everything looks unfinished….so how do you feel now?
Here it is… part two of the straight goods on how to have an award winning home renovation at a similar cost to many of the bland renovations you see today. The key is to hire a designer. Missed part one? Click here
2. Style. A designer that can do everything can do nothing. Look at their portfolio very carefully and get a sense of their style and see if that matches what you want. You also want a designer that can push you a little too.
Every year we have a few projects that win awards and often I get comments like “wow the clients must have spent a lot of money” or “wish we could afford to do our kitchen like that”. Well the straight goods is that many of our award winning projects are no more expensive then many of the bland renovations you see today. Those projects, like all our projects, are designed by our in house team
So my advice to you is to hire a Designer (a real one).
Every now and then, I will visit a prospective renovation customer and they will ask if a building permit is necessary. I find it a bit curious, considering the amount of construction horror stories on TV, that people would still ask. Even more interesting is that many of these homes are well over a million dollars and the homeowners are willing to shortcut and risk their home for a renovation.
One big myth is that the renovation project will cost more….
Come on by and celebrate with reVISION!
reVISION is having an open house and your invited. Were celebrating our new office space along with an amazing award season. The event will be held on Wednesday, May 20th at the reVISION Office located at #202 338 West 8th Avenue Vancouver, BC. Doors open at 4:00pm.
Wow! What a Saturday night and what a great award season. We are ecstatic to announce our winnings of the 2015 GVHBA Ovation Award in the following 2 categories:
Best Renovation $100,000 – $299,999 – Nip and Tuck
Best Townhouse/Condominium Renovation: Under $200K – Petite & Chic
GVHBA describes the star-studded 2015 Ovation Awards Gala as an evening of smooth jazz, flowing champagne centerpieces, industry friends and fun. The Ovation Awards honour excellence in the design and construction of new single-family and multi-family homes as well as the renovation of existing homes.